Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Grandma's Yeast Rolls (...but in the bread machine...sorry Grandma.....)

These rolls.... oohhhhh these rolls.

They are delicious. Fluffy. Buttery. Soft and perfect.

I love them. Wade loves them (with peanut butter and syrup..... which I think is gross but he LOVES). My kids love them.

You should make them. PLUS you can make the dough in the bread machine!! Come on people, how simple is that?? ;)


This recipe is adapted from one that Wade's grandma showed me when she lived in California for a brief time. She was an amazing woman.

Here's what you'll need:



  • 1/2 cup warm water
  • 1/2 cup warm milk
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 3 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 1/4 tsp yeast (or one package)

So what you want to do is put the ingredients in the bread machine in the order that I've listed them above:



Then put your bread machine on the "dough" cycle .



Then, uuhhhh.....you know. Go eat bon bons.

Isn't that what housewives do all day?

Ha ha.

So when the machine is about done, you'll want to get a few things ready. Spray a 9x13 pan with Pam:

I am sorry, my hand is so hideous.

Ok, then flour a cutting board:



And melt 4 Tb butter in a little bowl:


Great! Now when the dough is done, you're going to plop it out onto your floured cutting board, and now you have two choices. If you want large rolls (like to make small sandwiches on, or if you prefer a large dinner roll to small ones) divide the dough into 12 pieces. If you want smaller dinner rolls, divide the dough into 20 pieces (I do 20)






Then roll each piece into a little ball, and put the balls seam side down into your pan, 4 across the small side, 5 down the long side. Brush each one with a little of the melted butter (you won't use all of it- you want to brush the rolls again when they come out of the oven)




Now you want to let the rise for about 45 minutes or so. They will get all cozy with each other and be touching....





The last 20 minutes or so of rising, preheat the oven to 375. Then bake the rolls for 15-18 minutes, or until the tops are golden.

Then, when they come out of the oven, brush the tops with the rest of the butter. Mmmmmm.... butter.....



Then, let them cool in the pan. Then, tell your family they didn't turn out, lock yourself in the bedroom, and eat them. All of them.

Wipe the butter off your hands before you come out, or they'll be suspicious.




These rolls are worth every calorie!

Now, on to another kind of roll. The belly roll (the kind I am constantly battling with, due to my love affair with food....)

I started week #2 of weight training. Today was good!! A little bit easier than last week! And I moved up a few pounds on all of the weights. So now, instead of just bench pressing the bar, I can bench press the bar and one of those tiny, 5 lb weights on each side, ha ha. I have to admit, it feels good to be doing weights again after such a long hiatus.

And I am happy to report that I didn't walk into the Men's locker room today! Aren't you proud of me??!

Have a great day!!

DINNER TONIGHT:
Homemade Pizza
Salad
Watermelon and Oranges

Post a Comment

0 Comments